Dec 5, 2017

thoughts on the plane

In the beginning of last week mount Angung in Bali started to show signs of eruption and spat out ash and rocks. The government started to evacuate thousands of people and the volcano alert was on red, which is the highest level.
Monday to Wednesday Denpasar airport was shut but I was hopeful that everything will be fine by Saturday. When I got a SMS telling me my flight was cancelled I was devastated.
See I was supposed to go to Bali a year ago, before Australia. And for me it’s not just any holiday, its a vacation with my brother and his girlfriend. We had been planning this for a year. I've been writing before how I'm feeling home sick. I miss my family and friends so much and sometimes i’m second guessing my decision to stay for another year. I don’t want my feeling to impact my decision and this holiday was perfect a way to go and spent time with family. If that doesn’t help home sickness I don’t know what does.
On top of all that I was supposed to get to Bali on my brothes birthday. And I love birthdays, they are so important to me.

Makes sense why I was so broken after getting the cancellation news?

Well life has a funny way of working out and here I am, on the plane. Thankful and happy. After 4 days of heartbreak and stress. Makes me appreciate this trip even more.
I've never had a cancelled flight before and I didn’t know what to do. Luckily I have a gret travel insurance and they are happy to pay me back what the airline wouldn’t. I would say they made this possible.
Afterall everything turned out good and I didnt have to pay too much more from my new flights. Still waiting for all necessary documents from jetstar though..



I wrote this on top of Australian desert, daydreaming about my next adventure.

1 comment: