Sep 12, 2017

1st weekend in Melbourne

I want to tell about my first weekend here in Melbourne. One of my best friends came here on Thursday night from Sydney, he had rented a car which was awesome.

On Friday morning, we went to the DFO -outlet mall to do some shopping. We spent 8 hours there and it went so quickly. Now you might think that’s normal, but I’m not a big shopping person. I personally think it’s so much more fun to do shopping online. Despite all this Friday's shopping was fun and I even found a new purse to replace my old Guess bag that looks like it’s 100 years old. My new bag is beautiful CK leather bag. I love it. And the sales there are 40-60% which is a real good deal! After all this we went to get some dinner. We went to this great Italian place at Brunswick. This place was called the stone mill 347. Small place, probably family owned. Really nice atmosphere and great food. I tried goat for the first time ever and I was not disappointed. This place is rated 4.3/5 on google.

Later that night we went to the IMAX theater to watch the new IT movie that was released a day before. I’m a fan of scary movies but I didn’t think IT was scary enough. Movie was a good and well-done but not scary enough for my taste. Worth seeing still. Made my Friday perfect.


Saturday morning, we found a place for breakfast from google but it had a super long line outside and we decided to go to a place opposite of that place. It was a good call once again good breakfast, I even ordered waffles, which I never do. I rather eat salty than sweet. But this dish sounded too good to skip.  Anyways it tasted good and looked amazing.









Pretty good looking huh? →












Saturday was warm and sunny and we went to check out St. Kilda beach. I’m a huge fan of beaches and can’t wait for summer! I also went to my first ever Rugby league game later that day. It was Parramatta eels (From Sydney) vs. Storm (Melbourne) and the atmosphere was great! Enjoyed every bit of it. A big game like American football or rugby has always been on my bucket list and I’m really happy I got to experience it. The game was exciting, both teams played very well!       







I’ve also seen a Rugby union game 3-weeks back, but it’s a slightly different sport. That time it was AU – NZ and Australia didn’t have the best game but still a great experience. I reckon small things make the game, like the audience making waves or standing still and quiet during the Haka. The haka was my favorite part and I didn’t even know that such thing existed before I came to Australia!


Sunday was a chill day, we didn’t do too much. Just grocery shopping and I went to look for a job by walking from pub to a pub and handing out my resumes. I’ve been here for a week so it’s about time to get a job. Ps. I love working!! Life is too boring without a job.
Later we had dinner at a rooftop bar in the city. The restaurant was a Greek place and the food was so good! YUM! I’ve been to Greece before and the food was to die for! Definitely going back for the food.

Monday, I got a call from one of the pubs!! Doing my trial shift in 2 days! So excited. It’s a nice place close to the city and I can get there easily with the tram. So thankful for this opportunity!

We checked out the famous Hosier lane on Monday. Melbourne is a really artistic city. It's vibrant and chill. I might be falling for it. Check this out. 🔽





''Revolution starts with one woman and a brick stone wall''

No comments:

Post a Comment