Sep 14, 2017

Getting work in Australia


My RSA ( Responsible service of alcohol) was one of the first thing I got done when I came to Australia, cause I wanted to have the option to work in a bar cause it’s always fun and there are bars everywhere. When I switched states, I realized my NSW RSA doesn’t work in VICTORIA cause they don’t accept RSA’s done online. So first thing I did was to take that same course again. It was good. Mainly same stuff that I knew already but I learned about the law differences. When I was doing my regional Work as a Traffic controller in Bathurst ( More about that later) I was doing my first bar job in Australia. It was fun and I enjoyed it a lot. When I came to Melbourne I thought that It’ll be great to do bar work cause it’s the easiest way to get to know people and I'd be doing something that I enjoy doing.












In my defense, nobody looks good in yellow.




                                    
At first I lived in this small country town called Camden, and I didn’t feel too welcome and it was really hard to find a job. But I’m telling you guys it’s not hard to get work in Australia. If it seems like it’s hard to get work somewhere, go somewhere else! When I switched to another city I got hired almost immediately every time. My advice to anyone looking for work: don’t stress. I’ve been in Australia for 9 months now and I’ve had 4 different jobs. It’s not the best to switch jobs all the time but I really want to include travelling to my lifestyle so I kind of have to. For my next job I’m hoping to stay there at least 4-6 months.

Here it’s okay to go around with your CV and ask for work while you introduce yourself. I personally think it’s great! I’ve been living in Melbourne for almost two weeks now and today I had my first trial shift in this Bar & restaurant in the Melbourne CBD. It’s a big place compared to the other bars I’ve worked in before. I was really stressed out because I’ve been mainly working in the country side. It was so cool! Super nervous and excited at the same time. All the co-workers seemed cool and the atmosphere was great. I got the job! I can’t wait to start working there.

I’ll write more about it in 2 weeks when I actually get to work there a bit more than 2 hours. 




No comments:

Post a Comment