Oct 28, 2017

Back to basics

Sorry guys it's been a while. I needed to sort out my living arrangements and other important stuff. Get my training back on track. Hopefully going back to krav maga next week as well.
Got a new job before going to Bali. I will work in an Italian restaurant for now. I really miss my old job in Melbourne tho'.

A lot of people have been asking me why I left my previous job, not like I wanted to. When I was in Melbourne I was doing house sitting and got to live in a nice house, close to the city
for free. My house sitting gig ended just before my trip to Gold Coast and I've only got 4 weeks in between before I go to Bali. I would have to buy flights back to Melbourne
and arrange accommodation for 4 weeks and then get back to Sydney all in 4 weeks. So I decided it's smarter and cheaper to stay in Sydney for those 4 weeks and go straight to Bali
and after that I can go back to Melbourne, maybe they'll even hire me back or go somewhere new. The world is open.

Anyway, when all that is explained, let me tell you guys about rest of my stay on the Gold Coast.

So, I spent a day in Brisbane. Too bad for me, the weather wasn't too good and it was raining the whole day in Brisbane. I didn't have an umbrella so didn't really do much sight seeing.
We drove around the city, went to the DFO and had a good dinner. And that's about it.
I reckon Brisbane was really similar to Sydney and sometimes I actually thought I was in Sydney. Oh well, I'll take a better look next time.
Sunday morning we went to do whale watching. So exciting! I've never seen whales. There's no big fish or mammals in the Baltic sea.
Yeah didn't really see much. I saw 2 whales when they surfaced for few seconds. And I saw heaps of dolphins. Not disappointed but I expected more.

I've had some of the best seafood in Sydney, and I mean really good food. I've also tried heaps of new food in Australia and fallen in love with lobster.
After whale watching we went to a seafood restaurant in the same harbor, the plate looked great but was the worst one I've had so far. Such a disappointment.
Rest of the day we spent by the hotel pool, even though it was cloudy. I could get used to this. Nobody has a pool in Finland, mainly cause usually summer is short and cool.





Monday I decided to try indoor skydiving! My best friend was supposed to do it too, but they didn't have a guy working that day that could've been his safety man.
So yeah, I was mainly scared not excited when I found out I had to do it by myself. It got 2 flights, both for 4 minutes. On my first flight My whole body was shaking and at first
it was hard to breathe. I have to admit it felt unpleasant. Second flight was better but it was really hard to concentrate on what the safety guy was trying to tell me. I also did a high fly
all the way to the roof. I'm terrified of heights but it was great. I think I did alright. But I definitely recommend, it was great and I want to try it again!
We also wen't to the Ripley's museum and I found a guy who's finally tall enough for me.
I'm 180 cm ;)


Baby face vol 10000


And last but not least, one of the best burgers I've had in Australia:



Now I'm just going to enjoy the next 4 weeks in Sydney and then go to Bali to see my big brother! Can't wait. I miss him so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment