Oct 9, 2017

Oh, October

Autumn. My favourite time of the year. Or used to be.
It’s when it’s still nice outside but you get to wear boots and a thin wool coat. 
You get to wear a matching scarf and mittens. I’d wear burgundy. It’s my autumn colour.

I miss the fresh air. You breathe it in and you feel the winter coming. 
It’s hard to describe how good the air feels. Just for a moment. A month maybe.

When the nature is slowly falling asleep. And after the first snow. Everything’s so beautiful.

Autumn is when the days get shorter and darker. You Prepare yourself for the cold and snow. Drink some hot chocolate and get cosy under the warm blankets. Some people might even put up some Christmas lights to brighten up their days.

Finally, there’s Halloween, Beauty& Health exhibition in Helsinki Exhibition centre and my birthday. I’ve attended to the exhibition for the last 6 years. This year I’m going to miss it.
I’m a beautician. In Finland I was working for myself as a beauty therapist and nail- and lash technician. As a professional I got an invitation & ticket to this exhibition via email. It really made me want to attend. It’s really like an autumn tradition. What can I say, I miss traditions. 

I’ve never been a Christmas person either, but I’m pretty sure this year I’m going to miss Christmas too.  

I don’t like the winter part though.

A year ago, we took these pictures with my best friend Charlotta. It was the first snow and it was beautiful outside.  Check out Charlotta's beauty blog: charlottaeve





In Australia it’s quite the opposite. It’s spring time here. I love it! After a short rainy and chilly winter, the weather is finally getting warmer. For the first time, my birthday is going to be at spring. I can’t wait for summer. I’ve got lots of things planned.

I’ve been working heaps and since we have the rooftop bar, sunny days are very popular. It’s been super busy at work and for a good reason. Summer is almost here.
I’ve fallen for Melbourne. Hard. It’s vibrant and beautiful and makes me calm.
Last weekend here was beautiful. The temperature was from 22 to 24 degrees.
Lucky me, my best friend was visiting me and we went to the Brighton beach. I saw the famous beach huts and got some sun. We also visited St. Kilda beach, I’ve seen it many times before but never get sick of it. What an amazing weekend.



''Wild is my favourite colour''




On beautiful sunny days, I used to always feel guilty in Finland if I didn’t go out on that day. It always felt like a day wasted. I still feel that, and I always force myself to go out like I’m afraid Australia is going to run out of sun. In Finland summer is only for 3 months and we rarely get weeks of good weather. That’s why I still have the mentality to make the best of good days I guess.

Can’t wait to sun bathe every day. Lucky me I’m going to the gold coast on the 18th.  

Instagram: pinjaelisa

No comments:

Post a Comment